Middle School Math Teacher
SSCS is seeking a Middle School Math Teacher for grades 6-8 for the 2020-2021 school year. This assignment would include teaching daily classes of 6th-grade math, pre-Algebra, and Algebra courses while assuming other ancillary roles such as homeroom teacher, Bible teacher to your homeroom, and other responsibilities generally associated with a teaching position. The candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education, with an emphasis in math. The candidate must also show a passion for teaching and for pouring spiritual truths into middle school students.
The candidate must be a professing and maturing Christian who is active in serving his/her church. The candidate must be able to clearly articulate the objective and need for Christian education in the United States and beyond. The candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education, with an emphasis in math. Previous teaching experience preferred but not required. Candidates should possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrate a passion for continuous professional development, and be able to develop relationships with middle school students.
- Possess an ACSI Teaching Certification or attain such certification within the first year of employment.
- Display knowledge of and passion for mathematics through Algebra.
- Demonstrate the ability to exposit sound doctrinal understanding of the person of Jesus Christ and how that impacts our daily lives and beyond.
- Maintain grades, attendance records, and behavior for the students in his/her classroom.
- Be open to teaching various subjects (other than mathematics) as well as supervise clubs such as Student Council or Yearbook.
Salary is commensurate with experience. SSCS uses a step-and-column salary scale. At this time, SSCS does not provide health insurance to its teachers, but we do offer healthcare reimbursement accounts (HRAs) that can be used to offset some healthcare expenses.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and the names and phone numbers of three professional references to Headmaster Mark Kok at firstname.lastname@example.org. A full application may be requested after receipt of these items.