Dollar-for-Dollar Tax Credit on Your Georgia Income Tax
The Georgia QEE Tax Credit Program allows individuals, married couples, and businesses to claim dollar-for-dollar tax credits on their Georgia income tax for student scholarship donations made through a qualified SSO. The amount of tax credits that can be taken is limited to the donor’s tax liability or actual donation amount, whichever is less.
Donate to SSCS through GASSO
SSCS has partnered with the Georgia Student Scholarship Organization (GASSO), an authorized SSO, to receive and process donations on our behalf. GASSO will begin taking 2018 donation requests in August.
How to Donate
- Complete GASSO's online Request for Donation prior to December 31 for the upcoming year. 2018 donation requests can be made beginning August 2017.
- Get approved—on January 1, GASSO will submit donation requests to the Georgia Department of Revenue for approval.
- Receive Notification—GASSO and the Georgia Department of Revenue will notify you via email and mail once your donation has been approved.
- Donate online at www.georgiasso.us or mail your donation to GASSO at the address indicated in your approval letter.
- Receipt– GASSO will send the receipt and paperwork to you, the donor, to use when you file your state taxes.
- School Funding– donated funds are distributed to SSCS once they are received by GASSO.