SSCS Family Service Agreement
Each SSCS family of a K4 through 8th grade student is required to fulfill 15 service hours per school year through service opportunities made available by the school. Service hours may be completed May 1 through April 30.
How it Works
- Parents, grandparents, or guardians volunteer for service opportunities made available by the school. Or, if you have a talent you feel can be of use to the school, let us know.
- Volunteers log their service hours each time they serve. It is the responsibility of the family to record their hours. SSCS relies on the honor system.
- Family members who serve on the School Board, as a PTA officer, or as an event committee member (such as Under the Oaks Run or the Spring Dinner and Auction) will have fulfilled their family’s 15 hours of service.
- Service outside school hours for school activities (i.e. overnight field trips) count towards the 15 hours.
- Service hours cannot be transferred to another family.
- Hours cannot be carried over from year to year. If 15 hours are not fulfilled by April 30, the family will be billed the remaining hours in May at the rate of $10 per hour.
Family Service Fee
We understand that not all families can meet the 15 service hours. In lieu of service, a family can opt to pay a Family Service Fee of $150. Each family must declare their intention to provide service or pay the fee at the time of enrollment or re-enrollment.